I've made my list of books that I'll be reading in 2017 so feel free to scoop one or any of them, and we can read together! Of these, my top reads are #girlboss by Sophia Amoruso because it's a woman's guide to go from 9-to-5er to multi-millionaire (btw - her company, Nasty Girl, just filed for bankruptcy so the read should be even better!); and Women in Clothes by 642 people!
They're all great reads depending on your interest but remember that being well-read never goes out of style!! Don't forget to let me know which one you get so we can "read together!!
- The confidence code - for any woman about to start interviewing
- Prune - a cookbook with recipes that you'll actually want to try!
- Women in clothes - 642 short essays on the subject of clothing, and how the garments we put on every day define and shape our lives
- The power of when - I've read this for Elle Magazine and it's an ideal read for anyone trying to figure out how to be more effective in anything they do
- Amaro - for the aspiring bartender
- Who we are* - our personal data is all over the place; this book shows us who we are...as a result! Conspiracy theorists beware!!
- Let’s explore diabetes with owls - it's by David Sedaris and he has a way of making even the most mundane hilarious!!
- #girlboss - she went from little to BIG; and most recently, went bankrupt...'nuff said!
- The sixth extinction - I'm not a big nonfiction buff but when some traces the history of the first five major extinctions and warns about the next, it's worth listening to!
- Eat, drink & remarry - some advice columnist trash talks and shares the bennys of multiple marriages....hmmmm
- Big little lies - murder, people behaving badly...juicy enough for bedtime!!