Day 6: Silk. It's a natural fiber and has a sheer, delicate and translucent look to the material. In summer, it's a great substitute for cotton and brings slightly more feminity to any piece.
- Don't risk washing a silk that is supposed to be dryclean only.
- If it's washable, use only the hand wash cycle on your machine.
- Dry with a light spin, or roll delicate items in a towel.
- Perspiration is difficult to remove and is best treat by a professional; do not attempt to hand wash.
- Always dryclean outfits at the same time otherwise one piece will wear differently over time.