It's the last day of our 5-part series on fabric care and today we finish up with ultrasuede and suede. Before the tips, let's make sure you understand the difference between the two: ultrasuede is a trademarked brand of micro-suede which is really a type of microfiber created from 100% polyester; and suede is leather only a specific finish of leather!
Here's how to care for this stuff:
- Machine-wash ultrasuede/micro-suede/microfiber on delicate cycle using Woolite
- Line dry or tumble dry those fabrics on low
- Use medium-bristle suede brush to lightly brush suede (and ultrasuede)
- To remove stains from ultrasuede, rub with Woolite and water to form suds, and rinse
- To remove stains from suede, find a leather cleaner!!