Hyaluronic acid is in EVERY beauty product you have today because....it's awesome! Part of stylish living is being the best you can be!
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) is actually naturally occurring in your joints, eyes and deeper skin
- It’s not acid-y acid like glycolic acid
- Dry aka "old-looking" skin = lines and saggy skin so HA plumps it up (temporarily)
- It’s a humectant which means it attracts water (!!!)
- BIGGEST STAT: it can hold 1,000 times its weight in water (= molecular sponge)
- Usually very watery
- Added to an emollient (which seals moisture in) and you’re golden!
Now, who wants HA?!?!?!!!!
A few great options (although I personally love Peter Thomas Roth Cloud Serum, $65 ~ you can scoop it several places but I've found that they give you "extras" when you order it here and Fresh Rose Deep Hydration, $55 ~ this is a cream and has an emollient so it would be great going into fall/winter).