Truth be told, Buenos Aires is not really calling me - but it did call for one of my besties so, being the great friend that I am, I'm answering by looking for a plane ticket, planning for lots of Malbec and steak, and putting together my outfits for the trip.
A few things to note before/for outfit planning:
- the flight is 10+ hours
- the average temp will be low to mid 80s (yippee!)
- they are known for Malbec and steak!
- buenos aires is a fashion mecca but fairly low-key most days (smart casual)
- avoid white because it tends to get dirty by days' end
I'm psyched that I invited myself on this trip and have already made plans to do one night at Palacio Duhua Park Hyatt...
And grabbing a bite at...
- La Brigada in San Telmo
- Sunday afternoon high tea at Alvear Palace Hotel
- Dessert and people-watching at Cafe Tortoni
And packing (at least) some of these items...(what I love about overseas travel is that I can repeat items continuously!!)
Lastly, every overseas trip requires ONE NICE TRAVEL BUY: for this trip, I'm thinking it's going to be the physix compression socks (voted top pick for flight socks)!