Here are lessons I took away from the King of Pop…..
- Attitude Counts…Michael possessed a certain “untouchable” quality while being very down-to-earth. Sometimes swagger counts more than anything you have on!
- Not all fashion trends become style- the outfits Michael and the Jackson 5 rocked were all-the-rage in the 80s but, let’s agree that some stuff need never be resurrected!
- Smile— part of his envious charm was in the pearly whites he showed every time he spoke, or danced. It’s a great accessory and doesn’t cost a cent!
- The Company you Keep can Elevate your Status – think of Diana Ross, Paul McCartney and Elizabeth Taylor…style icons in their own right for sure so, I’m sure some of it rubbed off on Michael!
- Leather is cool– whether it was his red leather jacket from Thriller or the zipper-laden black jacket from Bad, a little leather will take you a long way!
- Hats – “Smooth Criminal”….that fedora was bad; need I say more?!
- Stay Young at Heart – while his practices may have been questionable, there is no doubt about his youthful spirit. And what he had on the inside, showed through on the outside!
- A White Tee and Black Pants always Work – in a pinch, you can’t go wrong with the basics!