Apparently there are rules to wearing turtlenecks and Esquire has laid them out clearly. And we concur.....
- Cotton is good but thin merino wool is better.
- Turtlenecks were not meant to be worn alone.
- If you have a short neck, no turtlenecks for you. [our own addition]
- The saggier the neck, the worse it looks ~ keep it tight!
- Black turtlenecks are slimming but also very Giorgio Armani-esque.
- Try a little color...
Our advice: if you're in a cool climate or travel extensively, you need at least one or two preferably in a thinner,layerable material like a wool blend; and you want a black/grey option, or something in the brown/wine family