Across the last several months, Marie Claire is stepping up its game and, undoubtedly, EIC Joanna Coles is a large part of that. I'm particularly in love with the MC@Work features.
This week, I've snagged a piece about what to say in the stickiest of office situations.....
- "Quitting a job is a lot like breaking up - it's better when both parties see it coming. So be sure to drop hints that you're itching to try something else"
- Kiss up to your bosses assistant, they know everything
- At a business lunch and want to stick to your diet - don't overthink the menu. Instead check out the menu beforehand and look confident when you order!
- "If you find that you're frequently interrupted during meetings, you probably sound too meek, try raising your voice, even a little it?"
- Our favorite: if you need to tell an employee they're dressed inappropriately, pull them aside and say, "What you wear is a direct reflection of how you're perceived by your cowrokers and clients. So what do you want your clothes to say about you?"
Read the full article here....