Think color, femininity, and individuality and you're barking up the right tree for Catherine Malandrino. She's our designer of the week so, here are the Top 10 tidbits about her:
- Catherine was born in Grenoble, France and by the age of 8, she already knew what she wanted to do with her life!! (does anyone feel like an underachiever??)
- She studied at Esmod in Paris and afterwards worked in the houses of Emanuel Ungaro, Louis Feraud, and at Et Vous
- Catherine's true entrance into fashion design came in 1998 as Diane Von Furstenberg's head designer
- The same year, she met the love of her life, Bernard Aiden!
- Her very first collection was called "Collage"
- Since then she's clearly had several collections including the "Flag" and "Hallelujah” collections in 2001; the latter was presented in the renowned New York City landmark The Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Catherine uses all sorts of materials in her designs, from synthetic polyester to more natural designs like a cashmere dress
- Catherine Malandrino Limited Edition was launched in Fall 2002 - a higher priced collection with a very exclusive distribution. A new luxury approach to dressing, Catherine Malandrino Limited edition is a line of ninety pieces, each piece with its own strong individuality
- Oh yeah, her Soho store in the 2002 movie "Sex and The City"....needless to say, her popularity skyrocketed!
- Malandrino clothing is trademarked by its bright, bold coloring and feminine womanliness!
I personally own several of her dresses and they never seem to go out of style....what about you? BTW - does anyone know what year she was born?!