[Courtesy of GQ] How Not to Buy a Leather Jacket
• You are not Indiana Jones; leave the distressed brown leather bomber jacket to Harrison Ford.
• And on that note, those World War II tobacco-brown replica bombardier jackets? Absolutely not.
• No patches.
• Leather jacket, good; leather blazer, not so good.
• Unless you just climbed off a Ducati, please refrain from padded, striped racing jackets.
• Zippers, yes; buttons, no.
• And remember, you’re not buying a leather coat, you’re buying a leather jacket. It should fit like one.
Focus on either a fatigue, motocross or bomber style with bomber being the most casual and fatugue offering the most versatility.