You already know I'm a Lucky Magazine Alpha Shopper, so I get the opportunity to receive and review certain merchandise. For the most part, the items received are fun and in line with what I expect....not this time. I received a pair of Paula baby phat wedge booties in black and wasn't quite sure how to workthem. I admit I frequently use these freebies as a time to expand my style bandwidth and see how to make some things work, but these shoes left me scratching my head a little bit. Let me share a few tidbits with you:
- I loved the black material - - - it appeared rich and not faded!
- The faux wood heel looked fake - - - I wanted a better looking imitation
- I appreciated the slit and stretch buckle center - - - because I often run into people with wider feet and this makes for a great compromise!
- The stud trim serve to add a little extra finish and that is accomplished
- It's an open toe, wedge bootie which makes it ideal for spring (almost now), but the material isn't breathable
- OVERALL: sadly, I'd rate the shoe a 5/10 because in spite of the pleasing aesthetic, the small details make it a miss and it's $69. Kimora I know you're not associated with baby phat anymore, but I was so hoping for a little more upscale zest!