My word for 2014 is VALUE! Whether that means to value what I have, to not take something for granted, to increase the value of my relationships or experiences by being present, or to appreciate my opportunities and the corresponding revenue that results from them, I want to spend the year valuing what’s around me.
I don’t do “resolutions” because it’s so 1999 plus it loses something in translation, if you will. I choose words like goals and intentions because they more clearly define what I’m after, and they offer me the ability to transform who I am by designing a more purposeful life. I know it may sound like a lot of mumbo jumbo to you but, I (and you) have a golden opportunity to craft something fabulous. Why not try?
That said, below are my 2014 goals and intentions. Care to share yours?!
- Take more time to read
- Take more photographs (I’m not talking selfies either)
- Cook at least two meals per week at home (that sounds low but)
- Travel to an exotic location
- Do more informal get togethers for no-good-reason (and use the guests as unknowing taste-testers for my kitchen experiments)
- Talk with my family more
- Buy four ROCK STAR items (I’ve got a running list of the possibilities)
- Promote my new style book
- Lose 1-inch somewhere on my body (I’ve got lots of options!)
- Better prepare for my mentor meetings