And if you paid attention to the resurgence of menswear, you'd agree. So, can you do it? All it work day to night? Wanna tiptoe toward the trend without jumping all in?
Albeit totally sleek, the uptick in menswear suits is a trend that can be rocked by all. The suit offers coverage, cuts that work for the more petite/buxom/conservative, and the ability to go from daytime professional to sophisticate evening with the quick-change of your handbag and shoes (+ a touch of shimmery makeup).
- Double-breasted if you want to hide a little extra cleavage
- Winter white/cream if you've got a dressy occasion (i.e., an inaugural ball)
- A one-button if you're petite or have a short torso
- Prints or patterns if you're younger but still want a touch of sophistication
- A shimmery tee or loose-fitting top to keep it more casual
Personally, I'm a fan of the cropped pant suit because it gives me instant height, allows me to show off my heels, and with a fitted cropped blazer make it easy to dress up (I'm all about versatility!)