Which ones do you shop at regularly?
Here's how the most expensive stores in the United States were determined: bundle.com looked at proprietary data from 20 million Visa and Mastercard holders plus average receipt amounts based on millions of transactions (and filtered out places like wholesalers, manufacturers, and big department stores).
- 25. Prada, New York City: $1,429 per visit
- 24. Saks Jandel, Chevy Chase, Maryland: $1,457 per visit
- 23. Escada, Beverly Hills: $1,466 per visit
- 22. Vera Wang Bridal House, New York City: $1,493 per visit
- 21. A'Marees, Newport Beach, Rhode Island: $1,498 per visit
- 20. Morris & Sons, Chicago: $1,507 per visit
- 19. Kleinfeld Bridal, New York City: $1,508 per visit
- 18. Bottega Veneta, Manhasset: $1,562 per visit
- 17. Wilkes Bashford, San Francisco: $1,564 per visit
- 16. Dolce & Gabbana, Beverly Hills: $1,595 per visit
- 15. Marissa Collections, Naples, Florida: $1,608 per visit
- 14. Chloe, New York City: $1,673 per visit
- 13. Ascot Chang, New York City: $1,752 per visit
- 12. Lanvin, New York City: $1,787 per visit
- 11. Tom Ford, New York City: $1,797 per visit
- 10. Alexander McQueen, New York City: $1,847 per visit
- 9. Savannah, Santa Monica: $1,970 per visit
- 8. Blake, Chicago: $2,008 per visit
- 7. Brunello Cucinelli, New York City: $2,032 per visit
- 6. Chanel, New York City: $2,155 per visit
- 5. Maxfield, Los Angeles: $2,258 per visit
- 4. Akris, New York City: $2,649 per visit
- 3. Loro Piana, Boston: $2,818 per visit
- 2. Georgio Armani, New York City: $2,881 per visit
- 1. Oscar de la Renta, New York City: .......a whopping average of $3,217 per shopper per shopping trip
Collectively, I have visited seven of the 25 stores listed ~ I have window-shopped at three of them ~ I have shopped (online & purchased) at three of these establishsments ~ I have secretly harbored a desire to "be a baller to buy out the store" at two of the 25.....and I have tallied a bill no-where-near the pricetags listed!
What about you?
Read more at Racked....