The house of Mauboussin was created in 1827 in Paris, by M. Rocher, in collaboration of Jean-Baptiste Noury. Specializing in high-end jewelry for decades, it has gained recognition and multiple prizes throughout the years. The focal point of Mauboussin is to share emotions with its clients....to place luxury where it belongs: in the street! They....want to offer a choice of creative pieces, renewed, accessible and of high quality, because that’s exactly what luxury is!
Across the next two weeks, Blueprint for Style will be doing a giveaway featuring Mauboussin's Bracelet de la Paix (or Peace Bracelet). If Alicia Keys can sport Mauboussin, so can we! The Bracelet de la Paix was created by Clara Halter and features the word Peace in over 10 languages.
To be entered to win just (1) tell us your one summer must-have item and (2) "like" Blueprint for Style on FaceBook and leave the comment "I want the Peace bracelet by Mauboussin" by May 15th. You're entered (and added to Mauboussin's email list!)....now just wait for the announcement on May 16th and receive your Bracelet de la Paix! In the in-between time, learn more about Mauboussin .... so you can school your friends once you win!
- How did Mauboussin start? The inspiration behind the website? The website was created with the idea of a virtual tour of one of our boutiques. The intro is a ride in the Parisian Metro and we created a station at Place Vendome. Then the visitor comes out the station and enters the boutique. We have tried to recreate the emotion one experiences while entering one of our boutique, by presenting our creations in the exact same treasure boxes as those we have in real life!
- Who is the Mauboussin shopper? Most of our clients are women between 25 and 50, buying for themselves. Society has evolved and women have gained in purchasing power throughout the decades, so have our clients. We obviously still have men buying gifts but they are now a minority amongst our clientele
- When was Mauboussin founded in the US? The Flagship boutique opened on Madison Avenue in October 2008 based on the concept of the "French New Yorker" developed with David Rockwell in the spirit of the American "excess"
- What is the bestselling item? The bestselling items are the Gueule d’Amour ring (7,20 Rose de France, 18K white gold setting and diamond pave) and the Parce que je l’Aime wedding band (18K white gold, full diamond pavé). Our watch Amour, le Jour se Lève (mother of pearl and diamond case, satin or stainless steel strap, deployment buckle) is also a great success
- What’s coming next for Mauboussin? New products? We are launching new collections every 3 months. We have the Petite Rose d’Amour line that is about to arrive for Mother’s Day
- What is the must-buy piece from Mauboussin for the power broker? We have plenty of beautiful cocktail rings with colored stone, to take their mind away from power and let them think about passion!
- Rose gold, yellow gold, or white gold? All three of them!
- Who are the Mauboussin Brand Ambassadors? Every woman can be our brand ambassador! It is our clients who represent us best
- Where else can you purchase Mauboussin goods other than online? You can visit our Flagship boutique on 714 Madison avenue in NYC, but also Bloomingdales in Boston