I love dresses...I love summer....I love summer dresses!! While I think they keep you feeling cool, and looking chic and feminine, if you don't follow a few tips, you may end up in one that is less than flattering.
- If you're busty, go for a cinched waist, wrap dress - - they define the figure, accentuate curves. A heart-shaped neckline covers the chest but creates an open decolletage
- If you're tall, a bold pattern, shorter length and horizontal patterns balance your height
- If you're pear-shaped, strappy A-lines and splashes of color highlight your legs and upper body. Short skirts without cling are sexy
- If you're full-figured, something fitted that is knee-length with a belted waist creates a shape and definition. Also prints with black backgrounds are slimming!
- Extra tips:
- Small prints tend to create a more demure look or image
- A banded hem breaks up your height (if you're tall, great; if you're short, steer clear)
- One-shoulder dresses highlight upper body
- Monochromatic florals always make you appear taller!
[nggallery ID = 52]
[Compliments of Glamour Magazine]