Wake up your fall wardrobe with one of the season’s most attention-grabbing trends: shimmer and sheen. If you haven’t already, you will definitely be seeing a lot of glistening sequins, metallics, fringes, and appliques that are set to create a major impact. Forget about the warm weather gradually disappearing as these shiny pieces will instantly give your look a pick-me-up whether during the day or at night.
Among the many designers who created gleaming pieces in their collections are Elie Saab, Christopher Kane, Stella McCartney, and Marc Jacobs. The saying ‘all that glitters is gold’ does not apply here though, ladies - step it up a notch by wearing flashy shades of emeralds, blues, and reds.
- There’s definitely no need to save your shine for nighttime! Amp up your daytime - even office - wardrobe with a tweed suit jacket that’s accented with some serious metallic thread
- Wear your shimmer in the form of sparkle with trousers or a simple sweater for a fabulous mix of daytime and nighttime
- We did see designers combine multiple pieces of shimmer together, but the easiest way to wear the trend is by including one piece at a time
- Load up on accessories in both gold and silver (or color)! This is a time where you don’t have to worry about sticking to one piece or hue - spice up your outfit by having your shiny pieces be your stack of bangles, a skinny belt, a bold sheet metal necklace and cuff, or a seventies sequin clutch!
- Don't forget to kick off your outfit with some sexy shiny shoes - platform pumps and leather heeled loafers are especially hot this season!
- Lanvin Sequined Jersey T-Shirt ($1,395)
- Vince Metallic Pullover ($320)
- Nicole Miller Heather Gray Sequin Sweater ($290)
- Alice + Olivia Juanita Sequined Sweater ($330)
- Moschino Mirror-Embellished Metallic Tweed Jacket ($1,056)
- Anna Sui Sequined Jacket ($1,000)
- Lanvin Shift Metallic Dress ($1,809)
- Alice + Olivia Lyric Zip Back Dress ($440)
- Alexander Wang Metallic Leather Loafer Pumps ($650)
- Alexander Wang 'Lydia' Fur Detail Metallic Clutch ($525)
- Lanvin Bow-front Metallic Leather Ballerina Flats ($595)