J Crew has just kicked off a "20% off all women's dresses" special -- so let's take advantage of it. There are tons of styles, shapes, colors, and textures but, one of my all-round favorites is this Crinkle dupioni dress ($118.40). Why you ask?
- the textureof the dupioni lends itself to the informal Saturday grocery run and the slightly more dressy Sunday brunch
- the drapey shift shape is ideal to cover up imperfections or, with a belt, highlight some assets
- for now, wear a mock t-neck and tights -- for later, wear it as a dress or top with some heels or flats!
- the length works great by itself now (with a pair of thicker tights) or bare-legged in spring with sandals
- the three-quarter bell sleeves make it work for work but easily add a little less stuffiness to a girls night out
- it comes in black forest and dove; and runs from size 0 to 14!
- with the sale, the dress is $95!