2015 saw lots of "cool" terms and the rise of a number of food trends. The top ones included:
- "locally sourced" - if it wasn't local or nearby apparently it was no good....
- kale - it was in almost everything you ate...for the earlier part of the year
- pomegranate - one of the super foods
- outsourced grocery shopping - we are a nation of conveniences so the idea of ordering food that could be delivered in the right portion size was awesome sauce! Yay Blue Apron!
- cauliflower - cauliflower needed a facelift in the form of steaks and what not!
- small portions - perhaps we became aware that we're obese as a culture but small plates and tapas had a huge run!
Any guesses on what's the hot stuff for 2016?!